- Carlos finished the Abu Dhabi GP in tenth place, wrapping-up the 2019 Formula 1 season in the sixth place of the Drivers’ Championship.
- The Spaniard of McLaren concludes his best year to date in the series, a season in which he has scored his maiden podium and the team has secured fourth place in the Constructors’ title.
- Eighth at the starting grid of the Yas Marina Circuit, Carlos moved up to sixth in the first few meters, although he then dropped to seventh after the opening laps.
- The Spaniard lost his position in the pits to Daniel Ricciardo, but then he made it back with an overtake on track.
- Carlos was up to ninth after the pit-stops. He pitted again in lap 41, joining the track in fourteenth place. In the closing laps he was notably quicker, passing Magnussen, Ricciardo and Hülkenberg to make his way to tenth, scoring a decisive point.
"I am very happy! The target this weekend was to finish sixth in the Drivers’ Championship and we made it happen. It was not an easy race, with a lot of traffic in all the stints and having to start with the soft compound. We went for two stops knowing it was going to put me in a delicate position to make it to the top 10, but also knowing it was my only chance. I managed to catch Hulkenberg right at the end and pulled off an overtake on the last lap I will not forget. I am very happy with my season and extremely grateful to every single member of the team. Thank you".