Saturday, 9 October 2021-
- Free Practice 3: P14, 1:31.262, 22 laps
- Qualifying: P15, 13 laps
- Carlos optimized his Ferrari SF21 throughout the Qualifying session of the Turkish GP, since he already knew that he had a penalty for changing the power-unit.
- The Ferrari driver made it through Q1 (1:25.177) and in Q2 he left the pits in the last few minutes to give a slipstream to his teammate, who clinched his spot in Q3 in that final lap.
- The Spaniard looks forward to a recovery drive in the race from the last place of the grid, confident in his options after seeing that the SF21 is a competitive track at the Istanbul Park.
"It was a pity we were not trying for a fastest time, especially seeing the performance of the car in dry conditions. It is difficult to take, but looking at the big picture it is better to take the penalty now and have a better engine for the remainder of the season".
"Our plan was executed perfectly today. In Q1 we took calculated risks to make it comfortably into Q2, bumping one car out which turned out to be a McLaren. Then in Q2 I stayed in the garage and went out on a perfectly timed strategy to help Charles with a bit of a slipstream on his Mediums".
"For tomorrow, it all depends on how the car feels in traffic and how we can go through the field without damaging the tyres too much. The pace all weekend has been encouraging so we are ready to fight our way up the order as much as possible. Bring it on!".
Sunday, 10 October 2021
- Race: 15:00 local time (14:00 CEST)