Turkish GP, Saturday 14th November 2020
- Free Practice 3: P12, 1:59.548, 7 laps
- Qualifying: P13, 1:55.410, 18 laps
- Carlos Sainz qualified thirteenth after struggling to warm-up the tyres throughout the session. The choice to go for intermediates in Q2 was not fruitful for the team.
- He was back on the wet compound in the closing stages of Q2, but time ran out before Carlos could clock a third flying lap in which his tyres would have been closer to the window.
"It was a strange Qualifying session. The conditions weren't easy at all and the track had very low grip. We spent the session trying to chose the right tyre for each moment, but we made a mistake going for intermediates in Q2 and, as a consequence, I ran out of time in the end to put a third flying lap on wets. We couldn't warm-up the tyres properly. Our set-up is focused on the race and maybe it penalised us, but tomorrow we will give our best to recover".
Sunday, 15th November 2020
- Race: 13:10 local time (11:10 CET)