Saturday, 8 May 2021
- Free Practice 3: P4, 1:18.410, 18 laps
- Qualifying: P6, 1:17.620, 15 laps
- Carlos Sainz will start from sixth place in his home race, the Spanish GP, following a 1:17.620 lap in today’s Qualifying session.
- The Ferrari driver made it through Q1 (1:18.205) with a single set of tyres, therefore saving an extra set for Q3. He used two in Q2 (1:17.656).
- The Spaniard started very strong in Q3 with a 1:17.620, but some details on the last sector stopped him from improving on the second stint.
"In general, today was a good Qualifying session in the bag for the team on a track where car balance and car performance in cornering are important and the SF21 is performing well. From my side I had a strong Qualy all the way through and I felt I could push the car. I managed to go through Q1 with only one set and a couple of very strong laps in Q2 put us through to the top 10. After a decent first run in Q3 I was looking forward to improving my lap time in the last attempt but due to small details I didn’t quite manage to nail it. Despite that, there are lots of positives to take from our fourth Quali and we are in a good position to fight tomorrow in the race. Let’s go!".
Sunday, 9 May 2021
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)