Friday, 10 September 2021
- Free Practice 1: P7, 1:21.914, 26 laps
- Qualifying: P7, 1:20.462, 18 laps
- In a track whose characteristics were not very favourable for the Scuderia Ferrari, Carlos extracted the maximum of the SF21 to finish seventh in the Qualifying practice.
- Traffic on track turned out to be one of the biggest challenges for the drivers, but Carlos was able to make it comfortably through Q1 (1:21.118) and Q2 (1:20.750) to wrap-up the day with the seventh place in Q3 (1:20.462).
- Just as in the British GP, coming up at the Italian GP is a Free Practice session on Saturday morning followed by the Sprint Qualifying, which will have a race distance of 104 kilometres; 18 laps.
“I think today we showed a good progress from last year and we did a good job with both cars in Q3. We obviously want to be further up the order and even more so in front of the Tifosi, but I think today we extracted the maximum of the car. Q1 was quite tricky because of traffic and unfortunately we quickly understood we were a bit too far away from the top 5. Despite that, we kept improving throughout the session and managed to put a good lap at the end for a final P7. Overall it was a solid session. It’s a decent starting position for tomorrow and we will fight to gain positions on the Sprint Quali and on Sunday".
Saturday, 11 September 2021
- Free Practice 2: 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
- Sprint Qualifying: 16.30 local time (16:30 CEST)