Nürburgring, Saturday, 10th October 2020
- Free Practice 3: P13, 1’27”924, 29 laps
- Qualifying: P10, 1’26”709, 20 laps
- Carlos Sainz secured the tenth slot of the grid in Qualifying for the Eifel GP. His car was running McLaren’s latest upgrades, but the lack of track-time compromised his day.
- The Spaniard of McLaren made it through Q1 (1:27.378) and Q2 (1:26.361) with two outings in each phase, clinching his ninth Q3 appearance in ten races this season.
- Carlos started the last round on used tyres (1:27.573), but changed to a brand-new one on the closing stages to set a 1:26.709.
"I haven’t felt comfortable in the car since Free Practice 3. My car was running the latest aero package, but we couldn’t test it throughout. Given that yesterday there was no practice at all, we decided to split set-ups among both cars. Whenever you receive an upgrade, you always need a certain amount of time to fine-tune it and I think we just ned more track time to further understand the latest pieces. Points are awarded tomorrow, so we will fight hard for them. We will keep an eye on the weather".
Sunday, 11th October 2020
- Race: 14:10 local time (14:10 CEST)