Friday, 8 October 2021
- Free Practice 1: P5,1:24.860, 25 laps
- Free Practice 2: P12, 1:24.903, 33 laps
- Carlos’ run plan consisted mainly of long runs, given that this Sunday he will receive a grid penalty for using the fourth power-unit of the season.
- The Ferrari driver clocked 25 laps on the Medium tyre as part of a race simulation during Free Practice 2, assessing the tyre degradation of this compound.
- The abrasiveness of the track and the risk of rain during Saturday’s Qualifying and Sunday’s race are set to be the biggest question marks of the weekend.
"A bit of a different Friday for us, obviously, knowing we will start from the back of the grid due to the penalty for changing the PU this weekend. We checked everything was running smoothly, tried different set ups and worked with the soft and medium tyres focusing on the long runs. Quite strange to go into a Friday without attempting to go fast in the short runs, but our target this weekend is to recover positions on Sunday. The car looks competitive and the track has changed a lot since last year. There’s a lot of grip, probably one of the highest of the season so far, and it’s important to understand how it affects the tyres and the car performance".
Saturday, 9 October 2021
- Free Practice 3: 12:00 local time (11:00 CEST)
- Qualifying: 15:00 local time (14:00 CEST)