- Free Practice 1: P19, 1:46.462, 12 laps
- Free Practice 2: P14, 1:31.498, 40 laps
- The lack of grip of the tarmac, which was specially significant in the first practice session, was a key factor today at the Istanbul Park.
- Carlos suffered technical issues in the first session. In the second one, he tried to recover the track-time he had lost. He completed 40 laps around a track that kept on improving. Understanding it tomorrow better than the rest is the challenge both for the Spaniard and his team.
"Not the ideal Friday. It was frustrating to lose running time in what was obviously an important FP1 due to the very challenging track conditions that we are going to face this weekend at this new and resurfaced circuit. So, we had quite a lot of catch-up during FP2. I didn't had the cleanest of runs with the soft tyre and the lap times then improved quickly with track evolution. The tarmac feels strange at the moment, but that only adds excitement to see who can get it right. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!".
Saturday, 14th November 2020
- Free Practice 3: 12:00 local time (10:00 CET)
- Qualifying: 15:00 local time (13:00 CET)