Spielberg, 10th of July of 2020:
- Free Practice 1: P7, 1:05.602, 39 laps
- Free Practice 2: P5, 1:04.333, 45 laps
- Productive Friday for Carlos Sainz, who gathered a lot of mileage in advance for the rain forecasted for tomorrow.
- Carlos completed 39 laps in the morning session. He finished seventh after completing a lap in 1:05.602.
- The Spaniard of McLaren used two sets of soft tyres in Free Practice 2. He set his fastest lap of the day, which was a 1:04.333. It would be valid for the grid in case Free Practice 3 and Qualifying are called off due to bad weather.
- The Spaniard completed 84 laps across both sessions, including a 24-lap run on the medium compound in the afternoon session.
"It was a positive Friday. I felt more comfortable in the car than last week, but we still have to analyse a few things to make sure that we move past the issues we had during the Austrian GP with the balance. We’ve tried a lot of things with our set-up. Some worked, but in others we see room for improvement. Tomorrow Qualifying could be called off in case of bad weather, so it was important to have a fast lap under the belt just in case".
Saturday, 11th of July 2020
Free Practice 3 – 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
Qualifying – 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)