Montmeló, Friday 14th August 2020
- Free Practice 1: P11, 1:18.733, 33 laps
- Free Practice 2: P7, 1:18.214, 33 laps
- Carlos spent part of the day working together with his team to try and understand the cooling issues that his car had in Silverstone, even though they seem to continue after the first day of practice in Spain.
- The McLaren driver set the seventh fastest time (1:18.214) of Free Practice 2 on a set of soft tyres.
- The Spaniard worked across the three dry compounds and completed 66 laps around the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, two more than this Sunday’s race distance.
"Today was quite a normal Friday for us. We tested a few things, but basically we tried to understand the overheating issue we had one week ago in Silverstone. Unfortunately, it looks like the problem is still there and it is costing me time on track, so we will continue our investigations to try and take the best decision. Talking about performance, the car was not bad. The one-lap performance is good, but we have work ahead of ourselves to improve in the long-runs. We want to solve the cooling issues and then try to find more performance. The hard tyre doesn’t offer much grip in this heat, so this will be another factor we will have to keep in mind to make sure that we come up with the best strategy".
Saturday, 15th August 2020
Free Practice 3 – 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
Qualifying – 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)