Friday, 30 July 2021
- Free Practice 1: P4, 1:18.115, 24 laps
- Free Practice 2: P12, 1:18.441, 32 laps
- Carlos focused on his set-up and on understanding the degradation of his tyres, which this weekend have to cope with extreme weather conditions at the Hungaroring. Today track temperatures surpassed 60 degrees.
- He set a faster time in Free Practice 1 than in Free Practice 2, which turned to be a tricky session for the Scuderia. The higher temperatures recorded in the afternoon session didn’t play in favour of the SF21 and the Spaniard wasn’t able to put together a perfect lap due to traffic on track.
- Carlos ran across the three tyre compounds available for the weekend and his main priority is going through the data together with his engineers to find more performance for tomorrow.
"Today was a tricky Friday. FP1 was a decent session but FP2 proved to be a bit more complicated and confusing. The car didn’t feel any worse, but while the others managed to improve, we went backwards. This is something to analyse before tomorrow. We knew we were going to experience certain limitations ahead of the GP so we just need to make sure we manage them as good as possible. There is some risk of rain for tomorrow and things could get interesting".
Saturday, 31 July 2021
- Free Practice 3: 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
- Qualifying: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)