Mogyorod, 17th of July of 2020:
- Free Practice 1: P11, 1:17.675, 32 laps
- Free Practice 2: P3, 1:41.784, 6 laps
- The second Free Practice session was heavily affected by the rain. Carlos minimized his presence on track in order to save wet tyres for Qualifying, which could also happen in wet conditions.
- The McLaren driver stayed in pits until the last 30 minutes. He put a three-lap run on full-wet tyres, setting a fastest lap of 1:41.784 to clinch third. He then switched to intermediates for an installation lap plus a two-lap stint in the closing minutes.
- The first session went underway in the dry, even though it drizzled halfway into the session. Carlos completed 32 laps and secured the eleventh fastest time on the soft compound. He also worked on the medium one.
"We have several question marks at the moment. Whether it is because of this track or because of the low temperatures, this morning we struggled a bit with our balance in the dry. We tweaked a few things, but sadly then came the rain and we weren’t able to validate them in Free Practice 2. In the afternoon session we ran less than what we would have liked, but this is because we are given a limited number of tyres and we need to have them fresh for Qualifying and the race itself. Tomorrow is a question mark, but we still have tonight to try and analyse everything".
Saturday, 18th of July of 2020:
Free Practice 3 – 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
Qualifying – 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)