Nürburgring, Friday 9th October 2020
- Free Practice 1: No activity.
- Free Practice 2: No activity.
- The rain and the fog, persistent throughout the whole day, prevented the medical helicopter from flying. Therefore, Carlos Sainz and the rest of the grid could not take part in the first Free Practice sessions of the weekend.
- The Spaniard of McLaren faces the rest of the Eifel GP with no mileage at all. He hasn’t had a chance to test the new upgrades that the team has developed for the MCL35.
"Today was an important day, because we had brought many new bits and pieces and we wanted to test them on both cars to assess their performance. We move now on to Saturday without knowing about their performance, so this evening we will get together to discuss which strategy should we follow moving forward. Whether it rains or not, the rest of the weekend will be quite different because it will be very cold. Tomorrow we won’t go over 8ºC, which is colder than in preseason testing. This weekend will have many challenges, even more now that we didn’t get any running on Friday. I hope it means that there will be more opportunities too".
Saturday, 10th October 2020
- Free Practice 3: 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
- Qualifying: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)