Francorchamps, Friday 28th August 2020
- Free Practice 1: P8, 1:45.222, 23 laps
- Free Practice 2: P9, 1:44.474, 23 laps
- Carlos finished in the Top 10 both in Free Practice 1 (1:45.222) and Free Practice 2 (1:44.474), setting his fastest lap on soft tyres.
- Despite the forecasts, the rain stayed away from the track. The McLaren driver gathered mileage on the three dry compounds, trying set-up ideas with a good feeling overall.
- In the afternoon session, Carlos showed good pace in a 16-lap run on medium tyres, which is set to be a key player of Sunday’s race if it doesn’t rain.
"A normal Friday for us. We used both sessions to try some alternative set-ups and ideas that we had from the last race, which were interesting. We were competitive pace-wise and we seem to be in the mix for the top 10, but it’s only Friday. The Racing Points and the Renaults looked particularly quick here so if we want to battle them this weekend we need to keep finding pace going into tomorrow".
Saturday, 29th August 2020
Free Practice 3 – 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
Qualifying – 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)