Friday, 26 March 2021
- Free Practice 1: P8, 1:32.366, 15 laps
- Free Practice 2: P4, 1:31.127, 26 laps·
- Carlos Sainz set the fourth fastest time of the day (1:31.127) in Free Practice 2. He worked on the soft compound, but also covered 17 laps on the medium one.
- The Spaniard of Ferrari completed his run plan without any issues and added 41 laps to his adaptation process to the Scuderia and the SF21.
"Today we had very different conditions in the first and second sessions. In FP1 everything felt fairly normal, and going into FP2 the conditions changed quite a bit in terms of wind and obviously track temperatures. It made the car and the balance tricker, and it brought the field together. We were surprised with how tight the short runs were in terms of performance".
"Every lap I do with the car I get to understand it a bit better, how it behaves and how it adapts to the changing conditions. It takes some time, so it was important for me to have a clean Friday and complete our programme".
"Tomorrow It could be a different story again with different conditions, specially the wind, so we need to take it step by step, building up to Qualifying. Looking forward to tomorrow!".
Saturday, 27 March 2021
- Free Practice 3: 15:00 local time (13:00 CET)
- Qualifying: 18:00 local time (16:00 CET)