Friday, 27th November 2020
- Free Practice 1: P4, 1:30.018, 31 laps
- Free Practice 2: P12, 1:30.271, 33 laps
- In his first day at the Sakhir International Circuit, Carlos Sainz ran on the three compounds available this weekend and tested two experimental tyres for next season.
- The McLaren driver put together 33 laps in the second Free Practice session, which was especially important given that it was the only one held in night conditions.
"We expect another tight battle again this weekend with our main competitors but it’s impossible to say who has the edge from today’s running. In terms of degradation it’s a bit of a special weekend because I don’t think anyone’s going to be capable of doing a one-stop on Sunday, so we are up for interesting strategies during the race.
Today was a good Friday in general, with lots of testing and a good amount of laps on both sessions. All three compounds are working well. All three could be used in the race. I had to abort my flying lap on the soft compound due to the red flag but it was coming together nicely and I think we have a decent base line to fine tune tomorrow".
Saturday, 28th November 2020
- Free Practice 3: 14:00 local time (12:00 CET)
- Qualifying: 17:00 local time (15:00 CET)