Friday, 4 June 2021
- Free Practice 1: P3, 1:43.521, 20 laps
- Free Practice 2: P3, 1:42.243, 22 laps
- Carlos Sainz was the third-fastest driver on track on the Friday of the Azerbaijan GP. He set a fastest lap of 1:42.232, just 128 thousandths of a second short of the first place.
- The Ferrari driver ran on the Soft and Hard tyre in the morning session. In the afternoon session, he worked with the Soft and the Medium compound.
"Today we were a bit quicker than what we expected. However, the time sheets can be misleading today, with cars getting tows on the straights - including myself - and others not closing flying laps for various reasons. Still, an encouraging first day for the team here in Baku".
"Tomorrow morning will obviously be a better indicator ahead of Qualifying, so we need to work out where we can gain a bit of lap time in the short runs as well as finding a good compromise to make the tyres work in the long runs. There could be opportunities this weekend and we need to be ready to make the most out of it".
Saturday, 5 June 2021
- Free Practice 3: 13:00 local time (11:00 CEST)
- Qualifying: 16:00 local time (14:00 CEST)