Spielberg, 3rd of July 2020:
- Free Practice 1: P4, 1:05.431, 41 laps
- Free Practice 2: P10, 1:05.352, 37 laps
Positive Friday for Carlos Sainz at the Red Bull Ring. High mileage on the first day of practice of the 2020 Formula One season.
- The morning session was a good one for Carlos (P4), who ran on dry tyres despite a light drizzle in the first part.
- In the afternoon session, Carlos touched a kerb, damaging his front wing and compromising the last sector on his fastest lap of the day.
- He was able to complete two long runs on hard and soft tyres, until he had to stop in the pits due to an issue.
"It was a positive first Friday for the team. It felt great to be back in the MCL35. We had some challenges, more specifically a yellow kerb that damaged my front wing. This weekend will be a challenge, but the car is showing decent pace and it felt very similar to what it did in winter testing. That’s good news. We’re just starting to see the real order of the cars, so let’s see what happens tomorrow".
Saturday, 4th of July 2020
Free Practice 3 – 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
Qualifying – 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)