Yas Marina, Friday 11th December 2020
- Free Practice 1: P11, 1:39.330, 26 laps
- Free Practice 2: P12, 1:37.616, 31 laps
- Carlos Sainz tested all three compounds available for the weekend and ran on an experimental tyre in today’s sessions, in which he completed a race distance.
- The McLaren driver didn’t set a representative time, given that his runs on the Soft tyre were compromised by traffic on track and an imperfect set-up.
"It’s been a bit of a better start than previous weekends, the car behaved well on track. Unfortunately, we struggled every time that we put the Soft tyre on today. We have homework to do regarding that tyre, because it is the Qualifying tyre and we must estract more performance from it given how tight the standings are. The feeling overall is positive, but we must make sure that we find some lap-time in that compound. Tomorrow we will fight to be up there”.
Saturday, 12th December 2020
- Free Practice 3: 14:00 local time (11:00 CET)
- Qualifying: 17:00 local time (14:00 CET)