Silverstone, Friday 7th August 2020
- Free Practice 1: P14, 1:28.138, 28 laps
- Free Practice 2: P9, 1:26.918, 24 laps
- Carlos Sainz focused all his work on the soft tyre, which in this Grand Prix is the C4 compound, given that he had already information of the two other options (C2 and C3) from the recent British GP.
- The McLaren driver used two new sets of tyres in both sessions, gathering a maximum of 14 laps on each set, in order to study their durability and degradation, therefore enhancing the information available ahead of the race.
- The Spaniard set the ninth fastest time in Free Practice 2 (1:26.918). He was eight tenths faster than in the same session of last week’s British GP.
"Today was a productive day for the team. We made the most of both sessions, trying new things with the set-up, building on what we learnt last weekend. We also gathered data on the behaviour of the soft tyre, which is a different compound to the one we used during the British GP".
"The grid is pretty tight and tyre management is set to play a major role in the race, so it will be interesting to find out which tyres are used in Qualifying. Today we completed our program and now we will go through everything to make sure that we are well prepared".
Saturday, 8th August 2020
Free Practice 3 – 11:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
Qualifying – 14:00 local time (15:00 CEST)