Second race of the 2021 season
- After scoring points in the Bahrain GP finishing in eighth place, Carlos Sainz heads to the GP del Made in Italy e Dell’Emilia Romagna for his maiden Grand Prix on Italian soil as a race driver for Scuderia Ferrari.
- The only modern precedent both for Carlos and Formula 1 in Imola is the 2020 Emilia Romagna GP, which took place last November. The Spaniard started tenth and fought his way to the seventh place.
- The schedule of Friday and Saturday has been pushed forward due to the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh.
Friday, 16 April 2021
- Free Practice 1: 14:30 local time (14:30 CEST)
- Free Practice 2: 14:30 local time (14:30 CEST)